The Canada Visitor Visa is a Temporary Resident Visa for Canada which allows the holder to go to Canada for purposes such as:
- 1. Tourism or holidays in Canada.
- 2. Visiting family.
The Canada Tourist Visa allows you to go to a Canadian port of entry and ask for permission to enter the country. The Border Patrol Officers are the ones who are allowed to grant or deny you entry based on your documents and your situation.
If you have been issued a visa Visitor visa to Canada and the officers find that you do not have any criminal intentions, you will be allowed to pass the port of entry and begin your holiday or family visit in Canada.
Do I Need to Apply for a Canada Visitor Visa?
Most travelers will need a Visitor visa which grants them entry to Canada, although there are nationals of countries which will only need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), or they are completely exempt and can enter freely with their passports without needing a visa.
Canada Tourist Visa Requirements
To apply for a Tourist Visa for Canada, you will also have to submit some documents, as follows:
- Canada Tourist Visa Application Form.
- Your bank or other financial statements to prove you have enough funds for the trip to Canada.
- A travel itinerary if you have already booked your air tickets, or just a description of what you plan to do once in Canada.
- A Canada visa letter of invitation from your family or friends if you are visiting them.
- Proof of the relationship if you are visiting your family.
- The immigration statuses of your family or friends if you are visiting them.
- Bank statements or other financial statements of your friends or family if you are visiting them.
- A Declaration Letter from you to the Government of Canada where you explain why they should give you a Tourist visa.
- Your employment or education status through a resume or diplomas, as well as a letter from your employer stating that you have contractual obligations to fulfill and you must return to your home country.
- Proof that your stay in Canada is temporary and that you will return to your home country once your visit is over, such as a lease, property deed, and so on.
- Proof that you do not plan to work or study in Canada.
- Court documents that prove you have a clean criminal history.
You use this site regularly and would like to help keep the site on the Internet, please consider donating a small sum to help pay for the hosting and bandwidth bill or randomised words which don’t look even slightly believable passage. Fusce non mi at nisl laoreet pretium Nulla ut elementum.